Thursday, March 29, 2007

WICKED ~ ~ ~ ~

OK! We yanked the kids out of school early on Wednesday and headed to downtown Houston to go see the musical "Wicked." It was absolutely fabulous -- as I expected-- but a surprise to my hubby and son. They enjoyed it so much more than they thought they might.

I don't know why, but anytime someone singing live in front of me hits a great note, or creates a beautiful harmony, my eyes well up with tears. This occurred numerous times last night. The show was funny, clever, and extremely entertaining.


Before the show, we stopped to eat at a downtown restaurant named Cabo "Mix Mex" Grill. While the Happy Hour atmosphere wasn't a perfect family setting, the food was incredible. The salsa was fresh with lots of cilantro and the plate I had, the Chicken DeCabo, is something I will crave for a long time.

On the way home today, we stopped to tour the Blue Bell Ice Cream factory in Brenham, where my children "joyfully" posed for me.

Her, in a whiney tone, "WhaaaAAaaat??"
Him, with a stern look, "The sign says not to touch it."

Then we stopped to take advantage of a Central Texas tradition--taking pictures in a field of BlueBonnets (The State Flower of Texas).

"Like all the best families, we have our share of eccentricities, of impetuous and wayward youngsters and of family disagreements."

-- Elizabeth II

3 comments:

Parkie said...

fresh salsa with lots of cilantro is the bestest!! sounds like a good day!

Lynette said...

I always loved the bluebonnets. The flowers all along the roads and in the fields are wonderful

Just Me said...

Great pictures Cynthia! So THOSE are blue bonnets. They really are beautiful!