Tuesday, March 20, 2007

What do I know? I'm just your mother.

My son brought home a form for us to sign - a progress report of sorts, showing how he brought up his Social Studies grade from a surprising 70 to a 96. When we asked how he was able to pull it off he mumbled something about us taking away his X-Box 360, but then heard his father offer up something like "did you buckle down and study harder?" The bright boy then said, "Yeah, let's go with that one."

We have explained numerous times that our daughter cannot practice her flute and watch TV at the same time. Apparently she knows better. Tonight was the fourth time I walked in to find her TV on while she practiced. She quickly defended herself by blurting out, "I'm not watching. I have my back turned towards it. I am just listening to American Idol while I play."

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

lol she's practicing while she listens...She can just play what they are performing! ha ha

Angie Feldman said...

Sounds like she has a plan!