Monday, March 26, 2007

Give a girl a razor...

UPDATE: Added photo on 3/29/2007



Ms. Thang, knowing Oh so Much more than me!! Shaved half her eyebrows off tonight!!! I should have taken a picture, but instead I exploded with disappointment in her ridiculous decision.

I asked her how many commercials or shows had she seen where a woman shaves her forehead. I asked her how often she heard conversations about ANYBODY shaving their eyebrows. She shaved down the middle from her nose to the middle of each eye.

She took another moment where I gave her an inch of trust, of responsibility and took off like a wild child with no guidance.

She no longer has a razor in her bathroom and I pity her for the ridicule that is sure to come tomorrow at school.

11 comments:

Jeanne said...

oh dear....

Lynette said...

I shaved my arms when I started, but eyebrows never.. She still hasn't learned that there are consequences for actions. I have no idea how to start except with what you are doing. Good thoughts for patience and eqanimity your way.

Everlasting Monday said...

This is something that she will be like WTH when she gets older!

tigger said...

OH LORD... :hug:

I plucked mine into a small thin line when I was 15 and they never grow back.

I do NOT wish this for her...

Angie Feldman said...

Yep, I say a photo is in order. She's earned an 8x10 of this Kodak moment.

Just Me said...

You need to get a picture of that....:hug: I'm with Tigger...I plucked mine skinny and wish I never had done that. Tell her to learn from our skinny brows that never grow back!

Paula said...

Hugs to ya! How did it go at school for her the next day?

Parkie said...

Cynthia this sounds SO much like something Cassie would do it boggles the mind!

She plucked ALL her eyebrows out one day at school!

Jessica said...

Oh my goodness... :hug:

Parkie said...

oh dear ... look at that .. maybe you should introduce her to eyebrow plucking :)

daizie said...

oh no! that is so sad! Poor girl!