Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The great communicator

So last night, at dinner, I tried chatting with my kids.

I ask my daughter how her day went. "Fine."
I ask if she turned in her form. She looked at me totally lost by the question.
The form we signed for TAKS Academy. "Oh that's what that was?"
Yes, didn't you read it. "No."
Who did you turn it into? "The Attendance Office."
What?!?! Why? It was supposed to go to your teacher. "Well, she took it."

Turn to my son and ask how his day went. "Fine."
Did anybody say anything about your pony tail? (first time he wore one to school)
"Yeah, lots of people."
Cool - like who? "Some I knew, some I didn't"
OK - so the ones you did know - what did they say?
"Well, it was only people I didn't know."
What?
"Well, actually it was only one person and I didn't know him."
Well, what did he say.
"I don't remember."

Then I gave up on trying to have conversation during dinner.

7 comments:

cherig said...

To know what really goes on in their minds would be worth a million!

tigger said...

BWHAHAHAHAHA I could read what you write all day long...

Julianna said...

ditto what tigger said!

CK Photo said...

"fine" must be a popular word. I don't get anymore out of my child.

Just Me said...

How totally typical of teenagers!!!! Although it sounds like conversations I have with myself sometimes too! LOL

Lynette said...

So typical, I still get this from Andrew, and you would think he could talk by the time he was 24.LOL

amyz said...

Darn kids. :grrr: