Wednesday, August 15, 2007

They called ME!!!

The insurance company actually called ME at 5:45 PM!!! I didn't have to hunt them down, yet again! They got the fax from the therapist and called to approve Residential Treatment!!! They agreed to short-term, (4-6 weeks) with monthly telephonic reviews to assess if more time is needed, based on medical neccessity and recommendations of the RTC. I can definitely live with that!

The other good news she gave me was that while I thought we would be paying 20% of the cost, there is a maximum out-of-pocket that is a huge relief! So, first thing tomorrow I am on the phone trying to get something started as soon as possible. School starts August 27th, and I would prefer to have her not start then disappear. Cross your fingers.

Tonight is parent orientation night at the high school. I think I might be a little distracted... Tomorrow, DS has a half-day freshman camp to learn the lay of the campus and what to expect on day one. I can't believe my little boy is in High School.

3 comments:

CK Photo said...

Cyn, that is wonderful news. Hopefully you will get her in soon. :hug:

As for the high schooler... sowwy

Just Me said...

What awesome news about the insurance!!!! That is just fantastic...and your Tony will great in high school!

Lynette said...

This is truly great news. I hope you can get her into the program as soon as possible. It will lift so much pressure off your family.