Saturday, May 5, 2007

Birthday - slash - Mother's Day

So, do I mind that my birthday falls so close to Mother's Day each year? Nah, my family usually takes care of me just fine, but this year is especially exciting. My hubby spent weeks researching and found just the right deal for me! A new Canon EOS Rebel XT EOS350 8.0MP! The exciting news is that I can use my old Canon Rebel lenses and filters on the new digital. Plus the new one comes with several extras.

Besides the 18-55 MM lense and a battery, it comes with an additional 4GB CF Memory Card, an Extra Canon Li-ion Battery, a CF Card Reader, a Lens Cleaning Kit, a Deluxe Camera bag, and a Camera Tripod--I already have one, but an extra one can't hurt.

Now I just have to wait for it to arrive. Then maybe we will see some decent photos on this blog!

"Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest."
--Larry Lorenzoni

9 comments:

Steve said...

How cool is that?

It's on my list to get one. But it's way down on my list. I'll just be jealous of yours for a while.

Julie H. said...

Oooo! Congrats!! I got a new digital/SLR for my bday this year too and I LOOOOVE it. Yay!

Jeanne said...

oh my goodness!! Oh my goodness!! how exciting!!

Just Me said...

YAY!!!! We have that one too and we love it.

Just Me said...

Hey...that makes us camera twins!

Lynette said...

What a great camera. There will more opportunities to take pictures of us taking pictures of each other in October. Yeaaaa!

Paula said...

Beautiful Camera!! and Happy Birthday!!!

Missy said...

Happy Birthday and Happy Mother's Day..I have that same camera and I love it.. I hope you are as pleased with it and I am

daizie said...

:drool: Wow! That is greatness!