Wednesday, July 2, 2008

*sigh* New Diagnosis

I think we are recycling labels now. The new psychological assessment shows:

  • Bi-polar without psychotic features
  • PTSD - Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
  • ODD - Oppositional Defiance Disorder
  • Borderline Personality Disorder
  • Narcissistic Personality disorder
  • Hyper-vigilant traits

The Borderline and Narcissistic Disorders are the creepiest, and are rarely successfully treated.

They did get insurance to approve another seven days so they can assess meds. They haven't called me yet, but I assume they will put her on Depokote and Abilify again. Notice that RAD is not in this assessment. There is no drug for RAD and not much that an RTC could do with RAD, so no need diagnosing that one.

More soon...

5 comments:

CK Photo said...

At least they got another week paid by insurance. (((hug)))

tigger said...

I just caught up on the last couple of posts.

I'm glad for the week - and at this point, the more labels the better - the longer she stays, right?

((hug))

Unknown said...

((((Hugs))) still sending good thoughts and prayers for you and your family. Good news about another week. And not having RAD on the list will make it better for getting into a long term treatment facility won't it?

S said...

I've known two people with Borderline Personality Disorder, and you're right, it's not pretty. The title of a book about it is "I Hate You! Don't Leave Me!" That kinda sums it up. I'm eager to hear what comes next. Wonder why they left off RAD.

Susan

Lynette said...

Another week is good. Have a fun and stressfree 4th of July. Am I reading too much into this, but the whole cocktail of diagnoses translates into anti-social behaviors that can be dangerous to people around her. I hope they can get a permanent spot.