Tuesday, May 13, 2008

They lost it...

So, last week we worked with Lutheran Social Services to complete and submit an application to a local children's home. The home reviews applicants on Thursdays. Last time, when they rejected her, they got back to us on Monday. This time, Monday came and went without a word, so today I called Lutheran to see it they heard anything, but I only got voicemail. DH & I went to see TT again today. It was a bizarre, rather useless session except for one thing. He called Lutheran and got through. The case worker agreed to call and find out what is going on. She soon called back saying that the intake manager "believed" that she was accepted, but wanted to confirm and would let us know before the end of the day.

When I got back to the office, I got a call from Lutheran's saying that the home can't seem to find her application. Doesn't think they DID review her app last week, and asked that Lutheran's resubmit it. So, now we wait for another Thursday review. Don't know if their mistake will maybe make them a little more open to receiving her or not, but this is just more of the same disappointment from these agencies that are so often inept.

In the session, TT voiced concern for DD since we don't really engage her. I told him that is not at all what I would call a healthy relationship, but that THIS was OUR survival mode now. So while everyone is so concerned with the best interests of the child, but not concerned at all on the impact she has on our family that we had to take measures to protect ourselves. Trying to have a simple conversation with her quickly becomes a painful exercise--and what would we talk about? What she plotted Friday while my mom babysat? Why she likes to dress like a ragged orphan everyday? Why she insists on breaking every rule, every chance she gets?

She has taught me that nothing I say matters or changes anything. The very definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. I'm done with that cycle.

So anyway - once again -- cross your fingers and send good thoughts. It almost sounded like we were in today, so maybe that is an indication of things to come...

4 comments:

CK Photo said...

of course more good thoughts headed your way.

tigger said...

Crossing and sending ALL my good thoughts...

Lynette said...

My internet has been down all week and I misse out on all this. I will hope really hard for an acceptance. You need to get your lives back again.

S said...

I hope something good happened today... I have my fingers crossed for you.

Susan