Friday, April 6, 2007

Transition

So when changing from a contract employee to a company-badged employee, you must take a day off inbetween the two positions for a transition. So I am thinking "Yeah! a day off!" Then I realize "DANG! The kids are out of school for Good Friday!" Not really a day off. :(

My hubby, realizing my stress level, working late every night while trying to close up my contract and get all my work done or transitioned to someone else, and while trying to hold back on the work already coming to me for my new position, stepped up and took my daughter to day camp today. Whew! My daughter is someone who needs a lot attention and really canot be left at home on her own--a large opportunity to get herself in trouble. My son will gladly entertain himself all day with video or computer games and I am free to go run those errands that you can only do during business hours, get all my packing done for my upcoming trip to Denton, and try to prepare for next week, which will surely be a whirlwind. Yeah hubby! Big points for you!

As for the new job, my new manager has been wonderfully pro-active. He already ordered a brand new computer for me, requested access to all their servers, ordered a new phone, and put me on his team's distribution list. I also attended a meeting last week for the new post. That is all cool, but then I was asked if I was ready to take on some of the new work. It was so hard to say no, but I did, in a very diplomatic way. I was also invited to a meeting on April 17th. I noticed other managers and acouple of Directors were also invited. Cool! Then I get another e-mail about an hour later telling me that I will be presenting at this meeting!!! On my progress on a project that I have not yet touched! Yikes. I will have been on the job 8 working days by then--first day is all orientation and paper work, and I am taking Friday off for Denton, so really 6 working days! Not too much stress there.

So, today, my day off, is errand, shopping, packing day. Too bad it is not Spa Day.

"Beginnings are always messy."
---John Glasworthy

7 comments:

CK Photo said...

you will do fine, I have no doubt

Lynette said...

This is where the schmoozing skills come into play. You will do just fine, but it sounds like you are being thrown in head first for sure.

Parkie said...

you are going to be awesome!

Jeanne said...

love your quote!! you are going to be great!

Just Me said...

You will handle it wonderfully I just know!!!! And that quote is wonderful!!!

tigger said...

OMG - you're gonna do AWESOME - stop stressing. You could OWN that company if you wanted to...

Angie Feldman said...

Just leave it all behind for the weekend. When you head north on 35, know that it's one less thing you have to worry about for a few days.