Thursday, April 19, 2007

Churning Butter

Have you ever heard the inspirational tale about the mouse that falls into a bucket of cream? He cannot get out. He is at risk of drowning but keeps trying to swim for so long that eventually he churns the cream into butter and survives.


I don't have butter yet, but I am churning and trying to keep my head above it all. I hope to be walking on butter soon.

My new job is great! I really do love it, but I am soooooo busy that the day just flies by and I am still swampped. I have been going in early and staying late trying to get in front of it all. It doesn't help that I am exhausted from my personal life as well.

I got back from Denton on Sunday. I worked until 8:00 on Monday. On Tuesday I had dinner with some old friends that I see about one or two times a year, and on Wednesday I attended a Happy Hour that I set up weeks ago in an effort to play cupid for a couple of single friends. [I don't think that I ever tried to set up anyone before.] Don't know if it was a "love connection' but they seemed to have a good time.

I look forward to a relatively quiet weekend at home with my family--the people I have seen very little of over the last seven days. I also look forward to catching up with the workload at my new job and getting to a normal pace. Oh, and sleep would be nice, too! Guess I should head to bed now...

"There is more to life than increasing its speed."
--Gandhi

8 comments:

Lynette said...

I am glad that you are liking your job. Everyone must have had a busy week after last weekend. I am trying to get caught up too. Have fun with your family.

amyz said...

Good luck in your new job--and catching up on life! :hug:

Steve said...

We miss you on the boards....but I'm glad you're liking your new job.

Don't worry - once you figure it out, you'll be running the place.

Parkie said...

A mouse churning butter ... I like that...

Angie Feldman said...

Just remember to come up for air every now and then!

Paul Champagne said...

Great story about the mouse ... shows what a little persistance can do.

Just Me said...

I'm so happy you are enjoying your new job - you gotta keep balanced - don't burn yourself out! I got some great pics of you in Denton....hee hee see the Dawg.

Everlasting Monday said...

Take over the that place!!!